Monday, January 12, 2015

NEW Kristen Interview with RamaScreen

Kristen Stewart - Still Alice

In the film, STILL ALICE, Julianne Moore plays a happily married woman, Dr. Alice Howland, with three grown children. She’s a successful linguistics professor but then she gets diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease which pretty much affected her family. One of her daughters is an aspiring actress named Lydia, played by “Twilight” star, Kristen Stewart. There were scenes in the movie where Lydia talked about her upcoming local theater gigs and she even got to perform one of them, and it was well-received.

I asked Kristen Stewart at the press junket, seeing that she was previously part of a huge vampire franchise, if it was challenging to get back into that aspiring struggling actress mindset for “Still Alice”, knowing that she herself is already this big mega movie star.

“One of the greatest struggles as somebody becoming an adult is figuring out what they want to do and what makes them happy. I think Lydia actually figured it out quite early. The courageous thing is to stick with it and see it through. See if you were correct. I admire her for the same reasons I admire some of my friends who have not achieved what they ultimately would have liked to in their wildest dreams. They are still working for it. I am fortunate enough to have outlet after outlet at my disposal. I am still looking for them though. With every project you feel like you are trying to find your place to vent. For any actor, that is typically the feeling that drives you to do it.

I can relate because if I stopped working tomorrow, I would have these impulses, these feelings to get out and have these desires to explore. I still can completely relate. I feel that way every time I am approaching the idea of taking on a responsibility as great as saying that I am good enough to be in your movie. It’s a huge statement to make and every I do, I think ‘Is this the right choice?'”

A few years ago, Vulture reported that “Twilight” stars, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner earned $25 Million for the against 7.5% of the theatrical gross for starring in both parts of “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn.” The three actors also stamped their palm prints on Hollywood walk of fame in front of the legendary Chinese theater. So Kristen Stewart has reached the success that most actors in Hollywood are still dreaming about; a success that has also given Kristen opportunities to now just choose roles that would challenge and hone her skills. This past year alone, in addition to “Still Alice, she also starred in “Clouds Of Sils Maria” and “Camp X-Ray” which I actually found very compelling.

This is an actress who could choose to keep doing big budget movies with big payoffs, but I respect that she instead takes the time to give little movies a fighting chance.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...