Monday, January 11, 2016

MENTIONS: Tara Swennen Talks Kristen Stewart's Style with The Hollywood Reporter



Stylist Tara Swennen talks about designing her buddy and client Kristen Stewart's outfits with The Hollywood Reporter:

What is your favorite ensemble that you've styled where the shoes and clothes just all came together?

Tara: I put Kristen Stewart in a checkered brown and cream Louis Vuitton romper for an event in Japan where the shoe was going to be one of the most important elements of the outfit. We managed to find the perfect Brian Atwood gladiator type heel to pair with it. It had amazing buckles and the brown leather cross crossing matched perfectly. They were sexy and feminine with a little bit of edge — the perfect shoe for Kristen.

What are your personal favorite pair of shoes of all time?

Tara Swennen: My favorite pair of shoes of all time are a pair of simple black pumps given to me as a Christmas gift from Jimmy Choo. They are black leather with a three-inch heel and an interesting cut-out detail on the top of the toes, and are probably the most comfortable shoes of all time. They are simple and chic and I literally have worn them down to a nub.

What makes a great red-carpet stiletto?

I think it depends on the person as well as the outfit. Comfort is usually key for most of my clients as they have to wear them for hours on end, but shoes are one of the greatest statement makers so most women are willing to fight through the pain if it's worth it for the look. To me, a great stiletto needs to give that beautiful lift and shape to a woman's leg so the arch and heel height are very important to me. Kurt Geiger, Christian Louboutin, and Giuseppe Zanotti are making great stilettos at the moment.

How many pairs of shoes would we see in your shoe closet right now?

I probably have close to 50 pairs of shoes in my closet. I organize them by color and then by shoe type — boots, flats, heels. I think it's a tie between Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin.

What are your favorite shoes for when you are working?

On a daily basis while working you will see me and a pair of Converse Chucks or Jack Purcells. I am a simple jeans and T-shirt kind of a girl during the day, and I need to be comfortable while pulling or shooting for 12 hours straight. I gravitate towards white and I simply love them!

What is your opinion on the trend of the block-heeled pump?

I am a fan of the block-heeled pumps. I think when worn right they can be very sexy, but they are not for everybody. I tend to love a chunky heel more in a boot but quite a few designers from Fendi and Balenciaga to ASOS have managed to perfect the look!

And lastly, what shoes do you think will dominate the red carpet this awards season?

I think platforms will always prevail due to the fact that they add much needed height under gowns. But strappy simple heels like the Stuart Weitzman Nudist will also trend. Satin is always the most popular fabric but modern metallics will also come into play as well!

Tweet: MENTIONS: @TaraSwennen Talks #KristenStewart's Style with @THR http://ctt.ec/E7efv+ via @paramorerklife

Click the Twitter birdie to share on Twitter! :D

If you found this article useful, please share it with your friends on other social media by clicking the share buttons below. Also, if you liked this blog, subscribe for more!

 Thanks for reading! :) ♥

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...