Tuesday, March 17, 2015

NEW Hayley Williams Interview with AdWeek: "Twitter, TV, and Why She Quit Instagram"


Who: Hayley Williams
Age 26
Claim to fame: Lead singer of Paramore; winner of the 2015 Grammy Award for Best Rock Song ("Ain't It Fun") and Billboard Women in Music's Trailblazer Award
Base: Nashville
Twitter: @yelyahwilliams

What's the first information you consume in the morning? 
I read my emails and my texts first, and then depending on who walks the dog, I go out and that's where I read Twitter. I'm a little addicted to Twitter, I have to say.

Who do you follow? 
I follow so many things. Vice and BuzzFeed for news and entertainment, even Good Morning America, which sometimes has really silly stories. Most of all, I like to follow my friends, especially when I'm away from home and I want to know what they're up to.

How about other artists or bands? 
One band that does social media really, really well is a band on our label called Twenty One Pilots. They always have fresh videos, they always post things that are very relevant to the moment, and they always have real conversations with their fans. Another artist I love following, not just on Twitter but also on Tumblr, is Taylor Swift. She just does a great job of talking to fans and making them feel like they exist.

Are you on Instagram? 
I used to be. On Instagram, I don't like the way that you see all of your comments no matter what. There's too many trolls and people that just want to put negative energy into your day. I was finally like, "You know, I don't have to do this."

Do you prefer to stream music or buy it? 
I don't use any streaming services. I never have. It's not even a political statement; it's just that I'm old-fashioned. I still like to go buy CDs.

What TV shows do you watch? 
I watch everything. It's kind of getting to the point that I'm getting embarrassed about it ... But also I'm not embarrassed [laughs]. I like Shark Tank, and I watch every single episode of Law & Order: SVU and NCIS. I also like stupid TV. I can't even express to you how sad but also satisfied I am by the fact that I indulged in The Bachelor this season.

Do you and your bandmates binge-watch shows when you're on tour? 
We went on a really long summer tour last year, and we were all into Game of Thrones—but only half of us had seen all of the episodes. So we just went to Best Buy and bought all the seasons—of course, on Blu-ray, because I was like, "I'm gonna take these home and keep 'em." We watched every episode together after shows.

What's your favorite app? 
I love Afterlight. I take a lot of pictures throughout the day, especially now that I have a dog. I'll pull out the camera, and he knows to pose now, poor thing. He's like, "OK, get it over with." I'm also now using Pinterest. I don't have a real board or anything; it's more like a private folder of pictures of home décor and recipes. It's pretty much the worst Pinterest ever. If anyone ever found it, they'd be so disappointed.

source

If you found this article useful, please share it with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr by clicking the share buttons below.
Thanks for reading! :) ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...