Monday, October 7, 2013

Joan Jett Mentions Kristen @joanjett @strictlyrobsten

While on The View this morning, Joan Jett talked about Kristen and her biopic The Runaways, which is based on Jett's rockstar life with her band The Runaways.


Q: What was it like to work with Kristen Stewart when she portrayed you? Do you think she did a good job in her role of you?
I do think she did a good job. I think she was extremely dedicated to it, chopped all her hair off and really immersed herself in everything she could find about the Runaways and I helped her find some things, told her some things that I had never told anybody ever, not even for the book, how you function in life or what I was thinking at the time to give her insight into myself and my family. All of the actors did the best that they could with what they had, and it’s a great story and it should be told. For me as the artist, you always wish that they would choose something more substantial than showing a tiff. But beyond that I thought they did a really good job.
And she really played guitar too! Which helped. So I could discuss how I play the guitar, how I hold the guitar, the way I stand. A lot of things I didn’t realize I was doing until I saw her onscreen and realized oh my god I do that stuff. She noticed that, and picked up on it before I ever would have. Little things that people don’t notice, but I guess if you’re a good actor you do.
Source: Strictly Robsten 

2 comments:

  1. Wow,great compliment to Kristen from Joan,whats better than the person you portrayed to say the things she did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I didn't catch this reply until today! Thank you! And yes, Joan is magnificent. :)

      Delete

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...