Thursday, April 27, 2017

Paramore's NEW INTERVIEW with The Guardian: "Two years ago I asked Taylor if we could start a new band. I was so sick of this crap"


Paramore discussed the new album, the frustrating lawsuit with ex-bassist Jeremy Davis, Zac Farro's return, and other things. It was a very good, deep, interesting article from The Guardian:

“What I will say is that it’s such bullshit that we’re in a lawsuit,” sighs Williams. “I wasn’t OK for a while; maybe I’m still not.”
Taylor York says that he didn’t even feel Davis’s leaving because he was so used to the pain of Paramore. “I was just numb,” he says. “It was just another drama and another example of being in a band and it being really difficult, and feeling bad about that. We have the coolest job ever but why does it have to be so hard?” 
Obviously, I say, it doesn’t have to be so hard. If being in Paramore is so stressful, why not just pack it in for good? 
“Oh yeah,” says Williams, assuredly. “Two years ago I asked Taylor if we could start a new band. I was so sick of this crap. I said we should just try something new, give it a new name.”
 York nods: “I’ve wanted to quit this band so many times. Going through all this conflict and drama over the years … I was just like: ‘Man, I feel like we can keep going, but this is not worth it if we don’t want to be here.’”
So, if the only two remaining members wanted the band to end, why didn’t it? No one can give me a straight answer as to why Paramore ended up deciding to make another record. 
“Honestly, I don’t know,” says Williams when I say there must be something, before making an attempt to explain. “We, for some reason, kept showing up and kept writing and, little by little, the songs got better and we got a little more inspired to do it.”
Read more from The Guardian HERE.


Share on Twitter!

If you found this article useful, please share it with your friends on other social media by clicking the share buttons below. Also, if you liked this blog, subscribe for more!

Thanks for reading! :)

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...