Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Le Parisien Interviews Rob at Cannes 2014

 
 
We did not expect you in "The Rover" (Release June 4), this violent road trip frim Australian director David Michôd...
ROBERT PATTINSON
: Me neither... I've been very lucky since I finished the "Twilight Saga". You can't imagine how many interesting scripts I get, like "The Rover." I loved "Animal Kingdom", the last film by David Michôd. So when I was offered the character of Rey, the young American severely wounded by soldiers abandoned in the desert, which is faced with a bitter and withdrawn Australian farmer played by Guy Pearce, I rushed into the adventure . This is a merciless face-to-face!

Was it difficult filming in the Australian outback?
Formidable instead! We spent seven weeks in beautiful, wild, remote from civilization areas. It was a nine-hour drive from Adelaide. Without laptops, without tv etc... And without the paparazzi! It was another life, in the depths of the desert. This inhuman atmosphere is felt throughout the movie, this feeling of doom like in "Mad Max".

You are also at Cannes with "Maps to the Stars"...
I think I would do all Cronenberg's films if he asked me. Two years after "Cosmopolis" where my character lived permanently in his big limousi , it amused me that gave me the role of a driver of the stars in Hollywood. This is a secondary role, but oh so significant, alongside the great Julianne Moore.

For an actor of your calibre, Hollywood, what does that mean?
A sort of bonfire of vanities. A fierce hard place, full of money , where ego and jealousy are terribly exacerbated. Where everyone wants to be famous at any cost. It's very, very hard to live there. Especially, if you do not have a serious professional environment and real friends to keep you from all temptations. Me, I 'm doing fine. I managed to live my life and fame. Probably because I know the dangers and pitfalls ...

"Twilight" is well and truly over...
Ah yes! It is well and truly over! I'm too old now to play the undead! There are so many directors with whom I really want to work .

Which?
Brady Corbet, a young director who will direct me in "The Childhood of a Leader," Harmony Korine ("Spring Breakers") soon. And the French Olivier Assayas for a gangster movie that I'll film in the end of the year in the United States. I also hope one day Quentin Tarantino...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...