Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Indiewire Interviews Kristen #CLOUDSOFSILSMARIA #Cannes2014


She doesn't think of her projects as "products."
"I am obsessed with ignoring the idea that we're creating products. I really choose every single project I do based on the desire, and based on really just wanting to experience making that story happen."

She's using her celebrity as a tool.
"I just directed this music video with my friend, and it's going to be made to be something that it's not. It's something I did in four days, it was a fun little story, and it's going to get more attention than whatever it's supposed to get. I think it's just something to play on. If you can't change it, then don't be afraid of it — push harder!"

She loves blockbusters just as much as small indies — as long as they're good.
"It's so possible to make a [big] movie that is meaningful and truthful, and putting it in a sort of heightened setting, to really take ideas that mean something to us but making them more effective by putting them in an odd world. Using conventions to make things hit harder.
"I also just like really like big movies. I'm American, I grew up on them. But I also want them to be really good. I think that that's totally possible. When you're not completely product obsessed, I think it's possible."

She's doesn't get too close for comfort with her assistants like Juliette Binoche's character in the film.
"I have had an assistant. While we were making the 'Twilight' movies, I did a movie in between each of them, so I needed someone who I could ask things like, 'Can you go help me buy some toilet paper?'
"I haven't gotten as close. I have seen it though. It's something that's familiar to me. Actors become super isolated. Again, I'm not fucking complaining about it. But you have a very unique perspective on things because people don't talk to you. They feel like they can't come up and say, 'Hi.' Suddenly you're incredibly lonely. So people hire friends for these jobs, and then the lines get blurred. They're your co-worker, your employee, your associate, your friend, your mom sometimes.
"In the case of the film, what I think makes it interesting is you have these two women who are codependent and obsessed with each other in many ways. And they don't fit into the normal categories of what we all know relationships to be. Our relationship should have a category. What the movie is about is having a very unique relationship in a very esoteric world, and having a really hard time gauging why it's happening and how to deal with it. Knowing that it's unhealthy and you should be getting those things elsewhere, and how that polarizes you and how at the exact time, it brings you so fucking close together."

Read more HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska Set to Star in Elizabeth Banks' Reboot

Photo credits: Getty Images; Courtesy of UTA; Getty Images Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Kristen Stewart The time has come! Many news ...